Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,600 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applications database administrator (DBA) will manage all Oracle databases required for Draper’s enterprise applications, including PeopleSoft ERP and Dassault’s Enovia PLM applications. The DBA will leverage the latest Oracle technologies (current releases) for the design, build and maintenance of Draper's Oracle databases for enterprise applications. He/she will be a motivated self-starter, working as part of a team of database, system, and applications administrators to ensure the integrity, reliability and continuing evolution of these systems.
- Creating and managing Oracle databases for use in enterprise application environment
- Proficient with database-level application performance tuning techniques in an Oracle database environment
- Proficient with using Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor and manage Oracle databases
- Proficient with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, RMAN
- Proficient with Linux shell scripts
- Strong interpersonal skills with solid written and verbal communications abilities.
- BS in IT, Computer Science, MIS or similar degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience managing Linux-based Oracle databases and supporting enterprise applications; experience with PeopleSoft ERP and/or Dassault’s Enovia PLM strongly preferred.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Quest Software’s STAT, Git, Subversion
- Experience with enterprise schedulers such as Tidal
- Experience implementing Oracle's DataGuard for database redundancy
- Experience performing major upgrades of Oracle databases (i.e. Oracle 10 to 11g, 11g to 12c, etc.)
- Experience supporting Oracle databases through a major application upgrade of PeopleSoft ERP or Dassault Enovia PLM applications