Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,600 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
The Management Information System (MIS) team within Information Services supports and enhances the efforts of Draper's administrative and management reporting functions. The team is comprised of client facing customer service professionals with experience in application development and support, systems administration and data warehouse report development. Members of the MIS team work with staff from other departments to define, develop, and support appropriate technology in support of business requirements.
The ERP Operations Administrator will monitor and administer ERP applications to ensure daily operations of ERP applications, including, but not limited to, Human Resources, Finance, Learning Management systems. He/she will respond to customer requests and incidents and resolve standard requests, perform troubleshooting on incidents, and act as change coordinator for the implementation of planned changes. He/she will work as part of a team of database, system, and applications administrators to ensure the integrity, reliability and continuing evolution of these systems.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Ability to organize and manage tasks for small projects and initiatives
- Ability to quickly learn and use new technologies for issue tracking, incident management, and change management
- Strong client service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with solid written and verbal communications abilities.
Minimum required experience, education, certification/licenses:
- BS in IT, Computer Science, MIS or similar degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience performing application support activities for enterprise applications; experience supporting/maintaining PeopleSoft ERP strongly preferred.
Additional preferred experience, education, etc.:
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Quest Software’s STAT, Git, Subversion
- Experience with enterprise schedulers such as Tidal
- Experience with an ITIL incident management and/or change management tool such as ServiceNow