Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,600 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
Draper seeks a Mission Assurance (MA) Division Leader to champion quality engineering for the company and lead an organization of ~ 100 personnel serving mission assurance needs across Draper’s full suite of projects and capability areas. The Division Leader will lead an MA team responsible for program mission assurance, software quality assurance, inspection, instrument services and calibration and process compliance and effectiveness to ensure the quality of products and services across all Draper Commercial & Government programs.
Specific Division Leader Responsibilities include the following:
1. Second line management of a broad team of Technical Staff Members, Contractors, Administrative Support Personnel, Union employees and the Division's graduate and undergraduate students
2. Development/Delivery of executive briefings on Draper-wide performance metrics. Recommend improvements to business processes and follow-up with executive leadership on initiatives.
3. Alignment of MA activities with evolving business needs
4. The development and implementation of the Division's Strategic Plan.
5. Business development technical support as required by Draper program offices. 6. Management of staff hiring and recruiting.
7. Adjustment of organizational structure as necessary to support new Draper initiatives
8. Maintenance of Draper’s ISO9001 certification through internal audit and continuous process improvement
9. Oversight of the quality of execution of projects led by Division staff.
10. Implementation of quality engineering best practices within the Division.
11. Personnel resource management for projects staffed by the Division.
12. Career development of the future leaders of the organization through mentoring, growth assignments, professional seminars, and other educational opportunities.
B.S. required (M.S. preferred) in an Engineering or technical field. 10 years of experience in Quality / Quality Management or Design Engineering and/or Program Management in an environment that demands close attention to businesses processes. At least 5 years of experience managing individual contributors, managers, and cross-functional teams. A proven track record of solving complex programs through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication and implementation of change.
Strong written and verbal communication, analytical and problem solving skills. The qualified candidate must be performance driven, a self-starter and have demonstrated the ability to set organizational vision and achieve results. The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment is a must.
The final candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.