Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,700 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Application Administrator is responsible for the support and technical administration of Draper's core ERP applications, including, but not limited to, Human Resources, Finance, and Learning Management systems. He/she will also directly support other applications used within the ERP environment such as the Tidal Enterprise Scheduler, STAT Configuration Management, and Informatica ETL. He/she will respond to customer requests and incidents and resolve standard requests, perform troubleshooting on incidents, and act as change coordinator for the implementation of planned changes. Key responsibilities of this position include: working closely with the MIS infrastructure team to perform all areas of PeopleSoft administration, including the installation of PeopleSoft software and related components, configuration and maintenance of application servers and web servers, installation of upgrades and patches, code migrations, and daily administrative tasks. Additional responsibilities include: continually monitoring system health and performing performance tuning for PeopleSoft systems and other related systems as noted above, contributing to backup and recovery efforts, security administration, support of the MIS development teams on PeopleSoft related issues through all phases of the project lifecycle, as well as providing troubleshooting and support to all users on PeopleSoft and related system (i.e. Tidal, STAT, Informatica) issues. He/she will work as part of a team of database, system, and applications administrators to ensure the integrity, reliability and continuing evolution of these systems.
• Collaborate with systems and database administrators in the design, planning and implementation of PeopleSoft server environments.
• Install and configure PeopleSoft software and related modules and components, including application servers and web servers and required application patches and upgrades.
• Perform daily administrative tasks and develop scripts to automate recurring tasks as appropriate.
• Maintain configuration and automation required for ensuring stable production and staging environments.
• Continually monitor system to identify and assess performance-related problems and issues.
Incident and Request Management:
• Complete approved standard service requests, including application security access change requests
• Monitor MIS incident and service request queues; take actions as necessary
Tidal Enterprise Scheduler:
• Install and configure Tidal software (server and agents), including required application patches and upgrades.
• Set up and monitor application batch jobs (daily, weekly, monthly schedules); troubleshoot and escalate issues as needed
• Maintain Tidal application security and provision as needed
• Create change control requests for pending MIS application changes
• Coordinate change implementation and testing with appropriate teams
• Perform regression testing of MIS applications following application of operating system and/or database patching
• Once-per-month evening support of regression testing the MIS applications following the monthly application of operating system/database patches to MIS production environments.
• Implement and enforce security policies as defined by MIS management, auditors, and information security.
• Perform PeopleSoft security administration tasks as requested (assign/remove roles as directed)
• Identify methods of automating security provisioning for better controls
Other Application Administration Tasks
• Support technical upgrades of other MIS-supported applications including STAT and Informatica
• Support integration points with external and internal systems that interface with ERP systems
• Set up cloud environments and/or integration points with cloud environments (PeopleSoft Demo environments, IBM Planning and Analytics)
- Ability to use Linux shell commands and navigate a Linux environment
- Ability to quickly learn and use new applications and technologies, determine how they work, and be able to install, configure, and support them
- Strong teamwork skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams to achieve organizational and/or project goals
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; work effectively under pressure from multiple competing deadlines.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- BS in IT, Computer Science, MIS or similar degree or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred 4-6 or more years of relevant experience supporting IT servers and/or services in a Unix/Linux and/or Windows environment
- Preferred 4-6 or more years performing application support activities for enterprise applications; experience supporting/maintaining PeopleSoft ERP strongly preferred.
Additional preferred experience, education, etc.:
- Experience with system administration in Linux or Windows environments
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Quest Software’s STAT, Git, Subversion
- Experience with enterprise schedulers such as Tidal
- Experience with an ITIL incident management and/or change management tool such as ServiceNow
- Experience with PeopleTools (versions 8.55 and above a plus)