Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,600 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a high visibility position within the Draper Laboratory Security Department. The Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) position interacts with all levels of technical staff, program management and the executive staff. This position provides program security support in the form of classification guidance, interpreting and applying government sponsor’s policies and procedures and ensuring that a compliant security program is established and maintained. If needed they will establish and assist in administering special security provisions at subcontractor locations. Will demonstrate sound decision making by utilizing a collective knowledge of government policies and procedures and have thorough understanding of OPSEC in their own work. Performs with limited supervision in both a team environment as well as an independent contributor.
1. Disseminates and applies DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) security requirements. Recommends changes to company procedures as needed.
2. Establishes and maintains liaison with external customers and program management.
3. Mentors and trains other security personnel when required.
4. Manages and plans the construction and/or modification of special program work areas to meet the government’s physical security specifications.
5. Ensures accuracy of receipt and dispatch, document control, personnel and combination records.
6. Submits Personnel Access Requests (PARs) and nominations for employees to special programs.
7. Maintains document control for special program areas.
8. Maintains COMSEC accountability for SCI special programs to include encryption devices, secure telephones (STE), and classified communication networks.
9. Investigates and files necessary reports of security infractions and violations and prepares written investigative reports.
10. Maintains required security databases.
11. Responsible for maintaining compliance by coordinating with company contractors to ensure the maintenance, repair, and integrity of access control and alarm systems.
12. Coordinates and conducts security education briefings.
13. Supports Business Development by providing security requirements and the estimation of security support for proposals.
14. Responsible for keeping laboratory Directors appraised of security changes in government security requirements and procedures.
15. Participates as an active member of special security working groups in the SAP and SCI community.
16. Initiates security plans to meet contractual requirements.
17. Submits periodic reviews for continued access, scheduling polygraphs and program briefings
18. Responds to after-hours alarms and emergency conditions.
19. Performs courier duties in the local area and in the U.S as needed
20. Assists in other security areas as needed for inspections, events, and special activities.
FOR JOBS RQUIRING CLEARANCE, YOUR RECRUITER WILL INCLUDE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ON THE APPLICATION BUT PLEASE INCLUDE THE PRIMARY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT IN YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position will require a Top Secret Security Clearance.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.