Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,700 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Technology network technician who demonstrates outstanding skill, performance and a proficiency in installation, operation and maintenance of highly technical communications infrastructure. This candidate will ensure Draper's communication cable and wiring requirements are met. Must be self-directed, motivated and professional with strong communication skills.
Responsibilities and functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Ensure Draper network cable and wiring requirements are met.
2. Exhibit sound knowledge of telecommunications and infrastructure cabling options.
3. Install, terminate, move, add, change fiber, CAT56 and coax.
4. Install wiring termination equipment (patch panels, racks, jacks, switches, wire management).
5. Read, interpret, edit and create floor plans and network documents.
6. Provide hands-on participation in diagnostics and performance monitoring.
7. Troubleshoot using network test equipment including but not limited to; scanners, testers and certifiers.
8. Assess and resolve network problems through logical, creative interpretation of symptoms.
9. Resolve Help Desk tickets. Provide technical support, primary and escalated.
Experience with AutoCAD and Visio. BICSI certification is a plus.
Understand information technology network and telecommunications infrastructure standards.
Demonstrate outstanding skill and performance in network and telecommunications cabling infrastructure.
Two year technical school or equivalent plus a minimum of two years of applicable experience are required.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.