Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,700 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
As a Sr. Quality Engineer (QE) with Draper Laboratory the QE will be responsible for providing quality assurance support and guidance as part of a team of engineers, developers and project managers for product manufacture, test and test equipment. The position is located at Draper Laboratory in Cambridge MA. Specific responsibilities include the following.
The candidate must have or be able to obtain a US government security clearance. It is important that this individual be a self-starter and able to interface at multiple levels within the organization. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to readily adapt to changing priorities are required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
• Experience with managing projects to deadlines.
• Experience with product manufacturing, test and troubleshooting.
• Proficiency in documenting plans, procedures and presenting to a technical audience.
• An engineering Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
• At least five years of experience as a Quality Engineer or equivalent electronics manufacturing experience with demonstrable skills in root cause, corrective action, opportunities for improvement and process control
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proficiency with MS WORD, EXCEL and ACCESS
• Ability to travel 25% of the time to domestic locations
• Experience with Quality Standards ISO 9000 or AS9100
• Secret clearance required