Click column header to sort
Draper's Finance organization, representing Accounting, Financial Planning &Analysis, Treasury and Government Compliance / Cost Analysis is trusted upon by senior leadership and U.S. government regulatory agencies to manage financial operations and provide key strategic, financial and operational information that is critical to Draper's ongoing success.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Controller, the Disbursements Manager manages a staff of 8 – 10 employees who perform the daily operations of the payroll, accounts payable, and travel departments as well as provide administrative oversight of Draper’s use of purchase cards. Broad objectives of this position include:
- Pay and record all disbursements (employee and vendor) in a timely and accurate fashion in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), federal, state, and local wage and labor laws, and corporate policies
- Monitor the timely, complete, and accurate employee time sheet collection, authorization, and reporting
- Monitor, assess, and implement internal controls, accounting/reporting procedures, and special report preparation related to disbursements
- Provide information to various internal and external auditors
- Develop and assess quarterly goals (KPI’s) for self and team
- Develops, implements, and oversees the detailed daily operations of the payroll, accounts payable, travel and purchase card areas
- Monitors, assesses, and modifies a system of internal controls within the disbursements area that is adequate in all material respects in the judgment of the company’s independent and government auditors
- Interfaces frequently and regularly with multiple internal Draper functional teams to (a) facilitate effective and timely processing of transactions, (b) provide critical operating information updates, (c) keep current on important Draper business developments that may impact areas of responsibility, and (d) create effective cross-functional / cross-organizational communications and teamwork
- Assists the Corporate Controller to formulate, communicate, and implement policies and processing procedures for the disbursements area
- Monitors legal, tax, and other regulatory developments affecting payroll and other disbursements and ensures internal, governmental, and GAAP compliance
- Develops / implements organizational strategies and management processes that:
- Ensure technical competence of all positions within the disbursements area and provide necessary training and development support
- Establish and foster a culture of continuous process improvement and customer focus that ensures prompt, accurate and responsive services, recording and reporting
- Provide statistical and quantitative metrics for disbursements area
We are seeking an experienced Senior System Engineer for the Embedded Systems and Communications Group. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for developing and delivering complex embedded systems that address the nation’s most urgent national security needs. Responsibilities will span the entire product development lifecycle from concept development, requirements analysis, design, to product integration.
Draper is seeking a highly motivated and energetic materials chemist to join our interdisciplinary chemistry and failure analysis Laboratory. This position requires a detail-oriented person who can work closely with a team of chemists, material scientists, physicists and engineers in designing and testing materials and processes for a variety on high-reliability electro-mechanical and opto-electric devices. The individual must be flexible, able to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, and able to work as a leader and/or a member of teams and work independently.
The position involves applying knowledge of chemistry to perform analytical chemical and material testing in support of new products and in support of fielded systems. This includes performing designing and developing polymeric and adhesives systems for use in high reliability systems; and performing complex calculations and chemical analyses along with assessments to support design, troubleshooting, and failure analysis of high reliability systems. The position requires the candidate to generate predictive models for corrosion, oxidation and thermal degradation of materials as well as experiments to validate the models. The candidate will work with industrial partners and sub-contractors by serving as the point person in technology transfer and failure analysis of high reliability materials as well as assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify manufacturing processes.
This position serves as an integral member of the Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property (CSPP) department. CSPP strives to provide both its internal and external customers with solution-oriented leadership and guidance and is focused on achieving the strategic objectives of the organization while balancing risk and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate has an interest in contributing to the success of the entire CSPP department in a fast-paced multifaceted environment.
The Draper Property Office is seeking a Property Supervisor to manage and maintain a compliant Government approved property system. The Property Supervisor reports to the Associate Director of Procurement & Property and is responsible for the supervision of five (5) Draper employees, one part-time employee and summer internship students. The supervisor is responsible for all daily operations to support, maintain and ensure Government Property compliance for the Draper and all other Draper offsite locations. The Property Supervisor will serve as the focal point for property audit inquiries by providing all pertinent documentation and customer interface required to be compliant with Draper internal procedures as well as FAR 52.245 and all applicable DFARS requirements. The Property Supervisor will need to exercise judgment based on experience and knowledge.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Property Office.
- Supervises, organizes and directs the Property staff. Provides ongoing, constructive feedback of performance and progress based on the goals and expectations of the Property Office.
- Assist with personnel concerns including hiring and evaluation reviews.
- Sets department goals and initiatives, conducts training and performs presentations at the department and program level. Cross train employees within the department to ensure available resources.
- Ensures direct reports have the skills and resources to effectively perform roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures excellent Property Office customer service.
- Provides training and direction to internal program personnel, external stakeholders, and subcontractors on Government Furnished Property (GFP) management requirements and procedures.
- Responsible for a high volume of incoming and outgoing Draper and Government owned property. Responsible for ensuring all government property is tagged and dispositioned in accordance with internal procedures.
- Responsible for managing the Draper warehouse. Includes inventory of incoming and outgoing property as well as the overall supervision of the facility.
- Provide support to the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor to coordinate weekly deliveries to the Draper warehouse.
- Manages the annual wall to wall inventory of all tagged equipment for Draper and the Government. The inventory function requires the supervisor to train and monitor summer internship students to assist in the support of identifying and tagging all property. Assist the program offices with in-house asset tracking system that is bolted onto our Asset Management module.
- Supervisor is also required to ensure the inventory scanners have the most current software installed and that they are compatible with PeopleSoft.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve deficiencies in the PeopleSoft Asset Management module to increase efficiencies, enhance processes and adds improvements through STATS to upgrade the system when required.
- Reviews the FAR and DFARS for new requirements and customizes the Asset Management module to remain compliant.
- Draper liaison for all Government and in-house property audits throughout the year. Responsible for interpreting all outcomes of the audit and instituting any corrective action to ensure Draper property satisfactory rating.
- Ensure the integrity of data, records, and reports required for official submission.
- Responsible for maintaining the Plant Clearance Automated Reutilization Screening Systems (PCARSS) that exists between Draper and the Government.
- Responsible for all aspects of disposition and disposal for all Draper or Government property. This will include bid lot sales, scrap sales and demilitarization up to the level of smelting
- Administer required property audits and oversight of Subcontractors control in regards to Government property.
Manage Draper’s Unique Item Identification (UID) process to ensure we remain compliant with Government audits.
Draper is seeking a Senior Reverse Engineer to support current and future programs in the domain of Cybersecurity. The candidate will perform in-depth analysis of a wide variety of cyber systems including mobile devices, embedded systems, industrial control systems, infrastructure devices, weapons systems, and associated protocols. The candidate must have the ability to identify vulnerabilities in these systems for both defensive and offensive activities. The viability and potential impact of the findings will often require team members to develop proof-of-concept exploitations based on identified vulnerabilities.
Are you an experienced Quality Engineer who enjoys working to not only find defects, but also to find the cause of the defect and develop viable solutions? Is your passion in cutting edge research and development of emerging technologies that will change the world? As a Senior Product Quality Engineer with Draper Laboratory the QE will be responsible for providing quality assurance support and guidance as part of a team of engineers, developers and project managers for product manufacturing, test and test equipment.
The Bioengineering Division is seeking a motivated Microfluidics Engineer to apply engineering principles to the development and testing of microfluidic devices for biomedical applications. The role will support multiple interdisciplinary programs and will require a candidate who is comfortable conducting experiments, analyzing data, and presenting results. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, observant, collaborative and dedicated. We offer an atmosphere that fosters innovation, individual contributions within a team environment, intellectual freedom and creativity, and an emphasis on career development.
- Plan and conduct experiments in collaboration with biology staff
- Design and fabricate novel microfluidic devices
- Summarize data, interpret results, and format data for reporting via presentation or publication
- Support lab organization and maintenance, such as sourcing and preparation of reagents and materials, and calibration/maintenance of instrumentation
- Troubleshoot experimental issues
The senior security research engineer is responsible for the research and development of next generation tamper-resistant architectures and technologies, and for leading development of development of these novel technologies into deliverable products that support Draper’s National Security & Space Systems Engineering Division. They will work collaboratively with subject matter experts in material science, electronics, algorithms and software engineering to develop attack trees, perform system-level trade studies, synthesize requirements, develop architectures, build, and test novel tamper resistant embedded systems.
We are seeking a talented software engineer to join our team and help steer the direction of our underwater autonomy programs. In this role you will have the opportunity work on state of the art technology and solve some of the most challenging problems in autonomous systems. What you create here will have a chance to make an impact.
- Design and create new capabilities for Draper’s state of the art autonomy framework
- Work with multi-disciplinary team of simulation, controls, and systems engineers to arrive at optimal solutions
- Mentor junior software engineers on best practices in software development
We work on exciting projects to solve hard problems at the intersection of engineering, design, and high-stakes scenarios such as: big data analytics, decision support tools, team collaboration systems, human-robot interaction, augmented reality, and contextual situation awareness tools in both the commercial and national security arenas. You will apply user-centered research, interaction, and visual design principles to create usable, engaging, modern, and intuitive interface for cutting-edge systems sponsored by the US Government, commercial customers, and internal R&D projects. Our users experience difficult challenges such as: high cognitive workload situations, high stakes tactical scenarios, complex data problems (including data visualization and overcoming cognitive bias), safety critical operations, and collaboration across distributed teams. The ideal candidate is an assertive self-starter, that can bring user-centered approaches to an engineering environment and engaging colleagues and building ideas in a team-centered environment and leading teams of designers and engineers to exceed customer expectations.
Integration and Test Engineer for Fault tolerant computing systems
We are looking for a highly qualified engineer for integration and test of embedded computing systems. The candidate will support Draper's efforts in the integration and test of real-time, mission critical embedded system hardware and software for space systems. Activities will include integration and testing of hardware/software interfaces, device drivers, etc. for implementation of a fault tolerant system. The candidate will work as part of a team for integration and test of the fault tolerant hardware. He/she will be working closely with senior hardware and software engineers as part of the integration team. Prior experience with fault tolerant computing and/or spacecraft or safety critical avionics is a plus.
Our group of front end / UI, backend, and full stack software engineers is looking for additional team members to join us in delivering solutions to challenging problems. Our projects range from established operational deployed systems to short-term research prototype efforts exploring and engineering possibilities. If you enjoy working with a team to tackle difficult problems, devise solutions, and bring those solutions to life, we'd love to speak with you.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to grow our Machine Intelligence group in Reston, VA! Our projects are on the leading edge of AI and Data Science technologies for the Intelligence Community and Defense Department. We’re looking for a self-starter who can lead technical projects, work with customers and develop business, and manage and grow junior staff in the Reston office.
The Machine Intelligence Team in Cambridge, MA works on exciting, diverse, cutting-edge projects, such as self-driving cars and drones of all types, medical and health projects such as advanced medical imaging, speech and other signal processing, using big data and machine learning, using advanced platforms, tools and techniques. Relevant skills include; project and task leadership, machine learning for a variety of applications, data analytics, and rapid prototyping (coding) of completely novel tools.
Draper's Finance organization, representing Accounting, FP&A, Treasury and Government Compliance / Cost Analysis is trusted upon by senior leadership and U.S. government regulatory agencies to manage financial operations and provide key strategic, financial and operational information that is critical to Draper's ongoing success.
The Treasury Analyst II will play an important role in supporting Draper's liquidity, investment, risk management and capital structure operations. She/he is responsible for investment monitoring, effectuating treasury and investment transactions, insurance support, compliance activities and facilitating interactions with numerous external banking, securities and insurance providers.
- Investment operations: operational support for Draper's Corpus (>$150 million endowment-like portfolio which is managed by an outsourced chief investment officer). Maintain accounts administration, reconcile accounting entries and reports, prepare weekly and monthly dashboards and support GAAP compliance related to Draper’s investment accounting. Further operational support for Draper's retirement portfolios, including both defined contribution plan (>$1 billion) and defined benefit plans (>$100 million), which are managed by a third party. Assist the Retirement Plan Oversight Group (RPOG) with the processes and procedures to record, monitor and evaluate investment performance. Support fair value financial reporting and audit requirements, as well as policy decisions and documentation.
- Corporate Insurance Program: Work daily, as needed, with Senior Analyst, external brokers and internal Draper customers to ensure appropriate coverage is assigned on all Draper business. Support annual insurance renewal exercise working with Senior Analyst and program offices to assess new business development that may require adjustments to insurance policies.
- Cash management / short-term investing: Process transactions related to short-term cash accounts and working capital lines of credit and assist with all related reporting. Interact with external banking institutions as needed.
- Project management: Treasury is continually tasked with projects relating to corporate investing, retirement plans, cash management and risk management. These project are a critical part of the job, working closely with the Senior Analyst across all business areas (especially Finance & Administration) and with external partners, executing at a high-level for senior management/Board of Directors. Candidate will be expected to develop material for c-suite executives, coordinating internal and external resources for the execution of projects.
As an individual contributor or quality task leader, provide non-traditional quality engineering, product assurance and mission assurance leadership for advanced system design and develop programs through low rate production. Will ensure robust assembly and processes are developed. Will ensure Draper Quality Management System, ISO 9001, and customer specific requirements are met. Will be a key asset to the Program Manager and Technical Director for advice and problem resolution related to design, qualification and manufacturing. Will be responsible for influencing the design and the design and development process to optimize product robustness. Will have strong communication and presentation skills. Interactions with customer counter parts and management as well as Draper management will be required. Must have the ability to be the eyes and ears of the customer and advocate for customer interests. Also responsible for supplier quality management including audits and problem/defect resolution. Optimizes Process Capability on critical characteristics internally and at the supply base through effective application of statistical analysis techniques and Problem-Solving. Analyzes trends in product/process performance from new product development through service, coordinating any required root cause analysis and corrective actions. Leads in the review and disposition of non-conforming material received from suppliers. Support FRB and MRB activities as required. Manage and execute failure analysis and associated activities.
DRAPER is conducting a nationwide search for a highly innovative engineer/scientist leader with significant technical expertise in the conception, development, and test of a wide variety of advanced optical systems. The successful applicant can expect to work on interesting, complex tasks across technical domains featured on our website. Responsibilities will range from technology portfolio management, to technical program leadership, to business development. This also includes tasks such as: proposal and technical team direction, system architecture and subsystem-level design, interface definition, contribution to engineering, and overall implementation and test.
The principal security research engineer is responsible for the research and development of next generation tamper-resistant architectures and technologies, and for leading development of development of these novel technologies into deliverable products that support Draper’s National Security & Space Systems Engineering Division. They will work collaboratively with subject matter experts in material science, electronics, algorithms and software engineering to develop attack trees, perform system-level trade studies, synthesize requirements, develop architectures, build, and test novel tamper resistant embedded systems.
Do you desire to join a team that will design innovative, autonomous Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) systems that integrate advanced technologies in order to solve challenging national problems while satisfying requirements and maximizing stakeholder value? The Draper System Modeling and Assurance Division is seeking a System Architect with broad technical skills to work within multidisciplinary teams to conceptualize, develop, and analyze systems with Model-Based Engineering (MBE) methodologies.
Typical job duties include identifying relevant modeling and analysis techniques, developing or integrating multi-domain quantitative models, and presenting results that support system-level analysis, performance trade-offs, and decision-making.
Do you desire to join a team that will design innovative, autonomous Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) systems that integrate advanced technologies in order to solve challenging national problems while satisfying requirements and maximizing stakeholder value? The Draper System Modeling and Assurance Division is seeking a self-motivated Systems Engineer to develop models and simulation and perform analysis of system behavior in a multi-disciplinary manner.
Typical job duties may range across creating and validating models and simulations for design, assessment, and analysis of complex military, space, intelligence, and autonomous systems.
The Draper Space Systems Program Office is seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for developing and managing Draper Space Systems programs. The Program Manager will support the Draper Space Systems Director and Business Area Leads to develop and execute a strategy for growth building on existing and new sponsors and leveraging the deep technical expertise of the entire Draper organization. The candidate will have demonstrated leadership in program management and possess aerospace program and technology experience. Responsibilities will include leading critical space programs, including program capture, development, planning and execution. Candidate will be responsible for developing new programs with Draper space programs customers including NASA and commercial industry to partner in the development of new space systems and technologies. Demonstrated management capability and experience with the overall program life-cycle from proposal through execution is essential. This position will support the Draper Space Systems Director and Business Area Leads in the development of strategic plans and provide recommendations for research and development.