All phases of general building cleaning as assigned by the supervisor. This includes trash disposal, dust mopping, floor washing, spot cleaning of surfaces, and restroom maintenance and assigned core areas, as well as working on floor stripping and waxing crews and using various multi-speed buffing machines.
As a Development Engineer in the Electro-Optics and Instruments Group, the candidate will play a critical role in the development of Electro-Optic and Atom-Optic inertial instruments. This engineer will work closely with a team of engineers and physicists to develop, prototype, and test cutting-edge prototype instrument designs. The candidate will be heavily involved with building gyroscope and accelerometer prototypes and characterizing their performance. The candidate will be expected to spend large amounts of time in the lab, performing hands on tasks with the test hardware. Once familiar with the hardware and associated data, the candidate will be expected to reduce and summarize data for further review by engineers and physicists. The candidate must be able to work with multidisciplinary teams, and must possess good communication skills.
The engineer will lead the design, modeling, and test of complex multi-physics devices and systems. A key focus will be on radiation effects in semi-conductor electronics. The candidate should be able to lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams that develop and verify the performance of such systems with a broad understanding of the relevant physics. In addition, the candidate should have an interest in a wide variety of other areas such as electro-optics, RF, and MEMS components and systems.
Draper is conducting a nationwide search for a highly innovative engineer/scientist leader with significant technical experience in optics-based instruments and systems. The successful applicant can expect to work on interesting, complex tasks. Responsibilities will range from technology portfolio management, to program leadership, to business development, including specific leadership tasks such as: proposal management, concept modeling and simulation, design and development, electronics and algorithms concept design, interface definition, overall implementation and test, and project management.
Our group of front end / UI, backend, and full stack software engineers is looking for additional team members to join us in delivering solutions to challenging problems. Our projects range from established operational deployed systems to short-term research prototype efforts exploring and engineering possibilities. If you enjoy working with a team to tackle difficult problems, devise solutions, and bring those solutions to life, we'd love to speak with you.
Draper is conducting a nationwide search for a highly innovative engineer/scientist with significant experience in advanced imaging, navigation and/or micro-photonic optical systems. Key responsibilities will include concept definition, design, characterization, and analysis of novel optical and imaging systems. The candidate will participate in developing and validating electrical, optical and signal/noise models for a variety of imaging systems, and will contribute to the specification of subsystem components and image processing algorithms consistent with application requirements. The candidate will also develop test procedures, construct specialized test equipment and perform field testing of devices and systems. Experience with advanced image processing algorithms and machine learning methods will be considered favorably.
As a Senior Optical Systems Designer in the Advanced Positioning, Timing and Navigation Instruments Group, the candidate will play a critical role in the development of emerging navigation and sensing technologies, including advanced electro-optical and photonic sensor systems. This engineer will work closely with a team of engineers and physicists to develop, prototype, and test cutting-edge prototype instrument designs. The candidate will be heavily involved with building sensor prototypes and characterizing their performance. The candidate will be expected to spend large amounts of time in the lab, performing hands on tasks with the test hardware. Once familiar with the hardware and associated data, the candidate will be expected to reduce and summarize data for further review by engineers and physicists.
Draper is seeking a Principal Director of Special Programs to lead a diverse team of approximately 35 professionals with annual revenue exceeding $75M.
The Principal Director reports to the Draper Vice President of National Security & Space Programs (NS&S).
This position must work closely and collaboratively with the VP’s and Directors within our Engineering Directorate, Commercial Programs, Strategic Programs and Finance & Administration, as well as with colleagues within Space Systems and Defense System teams within NS&S. This position will have a leadership emphasis across multiple program areas including Military Space, Analytics & Human Systems, Sensor Systems, Communications Navigation & Cyber Systems.
The primary responsibility will include :
- The ability to develop, maintain and foster relationships with the Intelligence Community
- Strong program and people management skills
- Knowledge and expertise in the cyber community
- Technically competent with a strong working knowledge to partner, manage and support technical staff and engineers
- Liaison between Draper Headquarters and Senior Intelligence Community Officials and Beltway Intelligence Community Operational / S&T / Acquisition elements, and will monitor Drapers Reston site engineering and program staff activities and issues as relate to local facility capabilities
- Develop Intelligence business, technology initiatives, and new programs to achieve strategic goals
- Develop break-out opportunities and required corporate investments to secure them, and will develop capture plans, proposal strategies and teaming relationships in pursuit of new business
- Foster an atmosphere of collaboration that allows all team members to be empowered to innovate
Draper, an engineering research and development institution, is seeking an Associate Director in Cambridge, MA to lead program development and execution for our Navy sponsors. This Associate Director will be responsible for active pursuit and management of opportunities which leverage Draper technology and expertise to provide innovative solutions to our strategic sponsors. The candidate will be responsible for leveraging Draper resources to conceive, propose and execute programs for our Strategic sponsors.
Primary technical focus areas for this area include:
- Systems Engineering & Development with a concentration in the application of Model Based Engineering, Simulation / Hardware-in-the-loop applications.
- Understanding of Strategic Mission, future tradespace and survivability challenges
- Strategic Systems Architecture with a concentration in Guidance Navigation & Control
- Technologies unique to Strategic Application (Sensors, Radiation Hardened Parts, )
Candidates must have technical depth in one or more of these areas, and a familiarity with all.
Candidates must have an understanding of strategic missions, customers, risks, stakeholders, and industrial base. The position requires both technical and programmatic strength, and qualified candidates should be comfortable with a range of activities related to business development, formulation of technical solutions, and execution of complex technical programs.
The Associate Director will be responsible for all phases of strategic program activities from initiating and maintaining sponsor relationships through full life cycle support for program execution. Additional responsibilities include development of business strategies & plans, participation in industry forums & conferences, proficiency in business development best practices, and interfacing with current and new sponsors.
Develop and coordinate program budget(s), plans, schedules, technical performance and delivery to sponsors using established automated tools, practices, and methods provided by Draper. Works closely with engineers and engineering leadership from all disciplines at all levels within Draper to create and coordinate innovative technical solutions to difficult technical problems of our sponsors. Establish and maintain relevant business and technical relationships with universities and with industry partners for the purpose of technical collaboration and teaming on significant opportunities.
This position serves as an integral member of the Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property (CSPP) department. CSPP strives to provide both its internal and external customers with solution-oriented leadership and guidance and is focused on achieving the strategic objectives of the organization while balancing risk and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate has an interest in contributing to the success of the entire CSPP department in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment. Primary responsibilities will include the development, implementation and maintenance of vendor management procedures and best practices that are efficient and compliant with Government procurement regulations and Draper policy and procedure.
- Execute sourcing activities for all Draper procurement related products required by various program offices to ensure the acquisition of goods at the best total value.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify new suppliers. Develop and issue comprehensive Request for Proposal/Information/Quotes.
- Lead the vendor management initiatives through building strategic relationships that meet and/or exceed the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for the development, growth and maintenance of the Qualified Vendor Program.
- Manage vendor scorecards to measure and track vendor performance and lead vendors through periodic reviews and collaborative initiatives to drive lower cost.
- Responsible for maintaining Draper’s Approved Vendors List and all vendor related reports.
- Coordinate vendor capability presentations to internal stakeholders.
- Analyzes vendor/third party risk using inputs including W-9 and supplier certification forms, past performance data, and Dunn & Bradstreet reports.
- Maintains vendor information in the Peoplesoft system.
- Analyzes opportunities and implements process improvements through managing projects for the Procurement organization such as P-Cards improvement, item-specific procurement review processes (ie software), improving vendor records, etc.
- Supervises, motivates and evaluates direct reports in day-to-day operations. Assigns work and monitors staff workload to maximize efficiency.
- Participates in related systems development efforts as needed to provide input and contribute to a comprehensive development strategy
- Responsible for coordinating the Small Business data gathering with Procurement, Subcontracts and the Contracts team for reporting the Individual Subcontract Reports (ISRs) and Summary Subcontract Reports (SSRs) into the Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (eSRS) or other customer-specific reporting tools. This responsibility requires the maintenance of reporting documents, files, correspondence, and other relevant documents, databases and the like.
- Works directly with the Small Business Liasion Officer to enhance develop the Small Business Plan.
- Works with Procurement to review requisitions $30K and over in order to help identify small business opportunities.
- Reviews and monitors the subcontracting plan for the utilization of small businesses in accordance with contract requirements. Assists in monitoring subcontracting performance to achieve overall subcontracting plan goals at a contract level.
- Outreach to small business trade associations and other organizations to build relationships and support for outreach events.
- Attend outreach activities, trade fairs and various events to identify qualified small and diverse businesses.
- Supports all Small Business audits and other Government audits as necessary.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following essential functions. Additional functions may be required as needed.
Provides system security support to Strategic Programs at Draper. Lead Risk management Framework activitiesto ensure compliance with appropriate security controls, to include systems compliace with all DISA STIG administrative and technical requirements.
Performs appropriate continuous monitoring and systems security testing and provides mitigation solutions for identified findings and patching requirements.
Ensures that proposed system changes are reviewed and that implemented system modifications do not adversely impact the security of the system.
Provides guidance for Computer Security needs based on the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and Draper Policy and Procedures Manual for all levels of management and technical staff.
Responsible for inspection and revision of system plans for each accredited system. Documents changes to system plans and special security requirements as needed, and communicates these changes to Management Provides day-to-day support to the adherence of policies, procedures and best practices.
Prepares and writes individualized and specialized system security plans for approval. Reviews and revises these plans based upon the analysis/interpretation of the system components and the processing needs/objectives of each individual system custodian and user.
Incumbent performs the duties as the Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) and Assistant Contractor Special Security Officer (ACSSO), ensuring adherence to National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and Special Programs Requirements in all Industrial security domains; including PERSEC, OPSEC, PHYSEC, COMSEC, Counter Intelligence, Incident Investigation, and Administrative Security, among others.
- Work closely with the FSO/CSSO to establish and maintain liaison with internal and external customers as it relates to security policy for the DoD and Intelligence Community (IC), enforcing and enhancing security policies and procedures as needed.
- Supports Business Development by providing security requirements and the estimation of security support for proposals. Act as the Alternate COMSEC Custodian, maintaining accountability for DOD and IC programs to include encryption devices, secure telephones (STE), and classified communication networks. Maintains required security databases.
- Coordinates and conducts security education briefings/ training in accordance with various government provided regulations, manuals and directives.
- Aid in the oversight of construction and/or modification of special program work areas to meet the government’s physical security specifications. Responsible for maintaining compliance by coordinating with company contractors to ensure the maintenance, repair, and integrity of access control and alarm systems.
- Ensures accuracy of receipt and dispatch, document control, personnel and combination records. Maintains document control for DOD and IC areas. Performs courier duties in the local area and in the U.S as needed.
- Assist with investigations and aid in compiling reports of security infractions and violations.
- Submits Personnel Access Requests (PARs) and nominations for employees to DOD and IC programs. Submits periodic reviews for continued access, scheduling polygraphs and program briefings.
- Perform some ISSO duties as needed.
- Assist with receptionist responsibilities for visitor access to the facility, as needed.
- Assists in other security areas as needed for inspections, events, and special activities.
Seeking an engineer with 0-4 years experience to work in a multidisciplinary team environment to build, test, and deploy test systems used for integration, test and evaluation of Space and Defense systems. Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to LabVIEW development of test systems using common architecture
- Debug and integrate complex test systems across multiple software languages and hardware platforms
- Ability to work with many different types of test equipment including: oscilloscopes, function generators, counters, dc power supplies, thermal chambers, and rate tables
- The ability to work and succeed within a process-oriented setting, including following quality process requirements.
- Solid written communication skills, including the ability to write clear test plans, test procedures, and test reports is required
The engineer will be a member and/or leader of teams that design, model, and test complex multi-physics devices and systems. A key focus will be on radiation effects in semi-conductor electronics. The candidate should be able to lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams that develop and verify the performance of such systems with a broad understanding of the relevant physics. In addition, the candidate should have an interest in a wide variety of other areas such as electro-optics, RF, and MEMS components and systems.
This position requires the ability to apply sound engineering and project management principles for the leadership and execution of Electronics designs applied to complex sensors and actuators. These projects are executed within the Electronics Division, with a heavy emphasis on high performance, low size, weight, and power consumption mixed signal electronics architectures. The ideal candidate must be technically proficient in a majority of the following engineering disciplines:
- System integration and debug of complex sensor/actuator systems
- Circuit simulation using Spice and or variants
- System modeling and analysis using MATLAB, Simulink or similar tools
- Device characteristics such as MOSFETs, IGBTs, BJTs, JFETs, diodes, various capacitor families, etc.
- Schematic and netlist creation using industry standard tools
- Extensive experience with low-noise amplification including charge amplifiers, analog-digital conversion including sigma-delta modulators, methods of synchronous detection, analog and digital signal processing. Oscillators, phase-locked loops, synchronous motors, motor drive circuits and general servo control
- Fundamentals of advanced electronics packaging techniques, including high density printed circuit boards and advanced multi-chip modules, as appropriate for an electronics engineer
- Design for harsh physical and electromagnetic environments as embodied in common commercial and military standards such as Mil-STD-461, CISPR 22, MIL-STD-810, etc.
- System architecture design including analysis of customer requirements and synthesis of solutions which leverage best available analog, digital, comms, packaging/mechanical, and firmware design techniques
- System grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques for complex sensor/actuator systems, which may include high frequency, switched-mode power electronics, RF circuitry, and high speed digital electronics located in close physical proximity with precision sensors & actuators
The successful candidate will work with engineering and program management to architect and define projects through the development of detailed technical proposals and project execution plans, as well as conducting ongoing mentoring and technical direction of internal development teams. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills, be capable of achieving organizational and program objectives, and be able to interface with all levels of internal management as well as external sponsors and sub-contractors.
This is a high profile position which requires a combination of technical expertise, exceptional leadership and communication skills, and technical management proficiency.
The Strategic Systems Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) Sensor Integration & Test group at Draper is seeking a test engineer to work in a multidisciplinary team environment performing integration, test and evaluation of state-of-the-art inertial guidance and navigation instruments.
- Planning tests and conducting analysis on first-of-a-kind accelerometer and gyroscope sensors.
- Development of test requirements, plans and procedures, test infrastructure, and data analysis tools.
- Evaluation of integrated performance with sensor and higher level subsystems and systems.
- Problem identification, analysis and management. Develop troubleshooting plans and execute testing to validate design solutions.
- Plan and support sensor testing using environmental test equipment (vibration tables, centrifuges, rate tables, thermal chambers, etc).
- Design and maintain post processing and analysis software using industry standard mathematical computing toolsets (MATLAB, LabVIEW, etc).
The ability to work in a team and succeed within a process-oriented setting is critical, as is the ability to thoroughly document and communicate one’s work to a technical audience.
As an individual contributor provide non-traditional quality engineering, product assurance and mission leadership for advanced system design and develop programs through low rate production. Products are advanced microcircuits. Will ensure robust assembly and processes are developed. Will ensure Draper Quality Management System, ISO 9001, and customer specific requirements are met. Will be a key asset to the Program Manager and Technical Director for advice and problem resolution related to design, qualification and manufacturing. Will be responsible for influencing the design and the design and development process to optimize product robustness. Will have strong communication and presentation skills. Interactions with customer counter parts and management as well as Draper management will be required. Must have the ability to be the eyes and ears of the customer and advocate for customer interests. Also responsible for supplier quality management including audits and problem/defect resolution. Optimizes Process Capability on critical characteristics internally and at the supply base through effective application of statistical analysis techniques and Problem-Solving. Analyzes trends in product/process performance from new product development through service, coordinating any required root cause analysis and corrective actions. Leads in the review and disposition of non-conforming material received from suppliers. Support FRB and MRB activities as required. Manage and execute failure analysis and associated activities.
Perform skilled laboratory work under the limited supervision of senior technical personnel (exempt and nonexempt). With limited supervision, performs cleaning, maintenance, and/or calibration of laboratory facilities and equipment requiring highly skilled and specialized knowledge. Specific experience and training on 3D Printers and LPKF rapid prototype equipment are desirable. With adequate training and limited supervision, performs work of an essentially repetitive nature requiring highly specialized skills for production of deliverable hardware. Such work shall involve extremely complex manual tasks requiring high degrees of manual dexterity and attention to detail and the operation of complex automated or semi-automated equipment requiring highly evolved production skills. With limited or no supervision, carefully documents their own work consistent with work unit policy in handwritten form or using common computer-based software such as MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, etc. Experience with 2D software like AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software, such as SolidWorks, is highly desirable. Performs scientific experiments and/or tests with complex laboratory equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, and Function Generators under the limited supervision of senior technical personnel (exempt and nonexempt). Applies analytic and test experience in the execution of acceptance procedures under the limited supervision of senior technical personnel (exempt and non-exempt). Programs computer controlled automated and semi-automated equipment, such as CNC lathe and milling machines, along with experience on other machine shop equipment. At the discretion of the supervisor, performs focused training to enable progression into higher skilled positions. As needed, mentor, train or supervises more junior technicians. Other temporary assignments at the discretion of the supervisor.
Draper is conducting a nation-wide search for a highly innovative and experienced individual to lead our Sensors and Imaging Systems Group. The successful candidate will lead an organization tasked with exciting development tasks for one-of-a-kind applications. Responsibilities will include business area development, proposal generation and technical project management, in addition to basic group leader functions including hiring and staff development. Group activities range from analysis of novel sensors and imaging systems, to system concept definition and design, system engineering, build and integration management, characterization and test.
We are seeking a talented engineer to join the digital design team at Draper. The successful candidate will contribute to FPGA & ASIC development including design, synthesis, verification, validation, test & support. Candidate must have experience using high level design, simulation and verification tools and be familiar with process flows supporting design and verification for digital ASIC / FPGA efforts. Proficiency with ASIC and SoC design and development process flows is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with an understanding of hardware security, signal or image processing, filter design, machine learning and algorithm implementation in hardware.
As a Quality Engineer (QE) with Draper Laboratory the QE will be responsible for providing quality assurance support and guidance as part of a team of engineers, developers and project managers for product manufacture, test and test equipment. The position is located at Draper Laboratory in Cambridge MA. Specific responsibilities include the following.
- Responsible for quality oversight of a Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) supplier. This includes support of material review board (MRB), test review board, waiver/deviation review/approval, root cause (RC), corrective and preventative action (CAPA).
- Responsible for quality oversight of test equipment development, production and maintenance.
- Responsible for supervising a team of internal auditors focusing on lab compliance. This role also includes driving issues to closure and providing weekly summaries.
- Document, monitor and drive continuous improvement at both Draper and suppliers by identifying trends, develop and administer technical investigation and corrective action programs to resolve recurring quality problems.
- Participate in internal and external supplier audits
- Occasional domestic and international travel