Click column header to sort
Draper's Special Programs office delivers first-of-a-kind technical solutions for the Intelligence Community, special DoD entities, and advanced technology sponsors. We seek a leader with the ability to bring energy, create focus, build enthusiasm and engender cooperation on technically challenging programs to deliver advanced cyber capabilities to our sponsors.
This position is centered in our Reston, VA office, working in close collaboration with our Cambridge, MA program office and engineering staff.
The Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO) Business Lead will be a former techie turned program manager and business development leader responsible for conceiving, creating, capturing and executing highly innovative offensive cyber programs for Draper’s Special Programs Office customers. This position requires the rare combination of outstanding technical talent along with exceptional interpersonal and organizational insight in order to spot emerging customer challenges; relate Draper capabilities to address these challenges; and develop, capture and run relevant programs.
The OCO Business Lead will:
- Cultivate personal credibility with sponsor organizations and establish thought leadership relationships with these groups;
- Develop business strategies, technology investment plans, IR&Ds, partnerships, and engineering resources to support and grow the OCO business;
- Lead high-caliber engineering teams to develop game changing offensive cyber concepts, resulting in a steady output of whitepapers and proposals;
- Use her/his technical background to identify and qualify potential technical breakthroughs that can lead to operational performance breakthroughs;
- Manage proposal efforts, including the development of capture strategies, work statements, schedules, budgets, and evaluation of inputs from the engineering staff;
- Manage program execution to meet technical, cost, and schedule objectives.
Serves as an Information System Security Officer for a complex, multi-tenant, information systems. Performs technical audits of assigned information systems as well as periodic monitoring of compliance with established standards. Uses SIEM, vulnerability managment, and other tools to actively correlate data and hunt threats. Ensures system is configured in accordance with required standards. Evaluates and creates artifacts which demonstrate system configuration, procedures, etc. Assist and educate users to ensure they operate the systems securely
Serves as Information System Security Manager for a high-visibility, classified information system which is connected to a United States Government wide area network. Evaluates system compliance, creates necessary artifacts, and maintains the system security plan. Exercises judgment in providing guidance to ISSO's, information system owners, program managers, and network/system administrators regarding matters of cybersecurity and compliance. Maintains overall responsibility for cybersecurity operations and compliance of assigned information system to include configuration management, vulnerability management, and compliance with customer and internal requirements. Drives, security, compliance, understanding of residual business and information risk within a matrixed organization. Directly supervises the ISSO and influences others to drive results.
- Act as the single point of contact for all program security activities within a designated Program Office or Technology Business Unit. Initiate and mature security, business development and program management working relationships across Programs and Engineering that will lead to fulfillment of current and future business objectives
- Ensure that security is a key element in business decisions made by the Program office. A thorough understanding of the NISPOM, ICDs and other regulatory security standards is required, as is prior working experience supporting the general physical security, information security and classification management roles associated with DOD or IC environments
- Integrate security in the strategic objective in concert with establishing security as an integral part of the Program Management Team from initiation of business capture strategies, the proposal phase, through program execution
- Duties include: liaison with a diverse customer base, senior leadership, program management, and business development; interpretation of contractual requirements and interpretation of government and corporate policies to ensure compliance and resolve areas of conflict. Direct studies as well as overseeing the implementation of federal security regulations that apply to classified programs
- Coordinate with government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations
- Direct the preparation of manuals outlining regulations, the establishment of procedures for handling, storing a record keeping of Program Office activities
- Administer various program Security Classification Guides (SCG), including development of SCG training for employee awareness
- Conduct detailed review of contractual documentation (e.g. Prime/Subcontract DD-254, CDRLs, SCG, etc.) and implement processes, procedures, and plans to ensure compliance
- Develop and manage comprehensive, security focused training tools
- Organize secure area policies and administration across all secure program areas
We are seeking an enthusiastic well rounded Principal Hardware Design Engineer for the Embedded Electronics Group. This is an electrical design engineering position that requires the ability to apply sound engineering and project management principles for the leadership and execution of complex board design projects within the Electronics Division.
The ideal candidate is someone who works well in cross-functional teams and has recent experience designing complex systems using state-of-the-art commercial off-the-shelf FGPAs, processors, or systems on a chip (SOCs). It is expected that this engineer can hit the ground running on complex PCB designs with limited oversight and learning curve.
- System architecture design and detailed documentation
- Detailed electrical analysis, design and schematic capture
- Manage PCB layout design resources
- Prototype bring up and debugging
- Functional verification
- Performance characterization
Design and analyze navigation algorithms for aerospace vehicles operating in a variety of applications from hypersonics to commercial space. This position offers an opportunity to join the Precision Navigation Group whose expertise stretches back to Apollo. The group supports the full life cycle of flight programs, including requirements definition, algorithm development and analysis, flight software deployment, flight test support, and post-processing. This position is located in Cambridge, MA.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be a technical leader in developing/implementing some of the nation's most technically and important challenges with emphasis on aerospace and undersea GN&C applications for commercial and DoD. Areas of expertise include real-time operating systems, middleware, and associated embedded processor technologies that support fault-tolerance, circumvention/recovery, and cybersecurity needs in developing secure and assured systems. This position will have responsibility in system lifecycle, from concept development, requirements analysis, software implementation, unit integration and test, platform integration and test, to software release. Experience with the following is essential: software development lifecycle, process, quality, and mission assurance; embedded Linux, RTOSs; processor architecture; embedded system design.
The Information and Cognition Division Leader will be responsible for the organizational leadership and line management of approximately 100 employees. The Division resides within the Algorithms and Software Directorate in the Engineering Organization.
Key Technical Capabilities of this Division are:
- Human-Centered Engineering
- Human Signals Analysis
- User Experience
- Human Performance
- Machine Learning
- Mobile and 3D Applications
- Full-Stack Web
- Information and Knowledge Management Systems
- Cloud computing, software architectures for GPUs and other high-throughput processing systems
These capabilities enable us to develop and field solutions for our customers in application areas involving advanced user interface systems, machine learning and AI for intelligence and defense platforms, physiological and biological signals, embedding machine intelligence into devices and vehicle platforms, and intelligence information analysis and management systems.
Specific Division Leader Responsibilities will include:
- Organizational leadership including the development and maturation of the division's technical capabilities, discriminating technologies, and culture
- Productive collaboration with the business development team for the application and advancement of key technical capabilities in the division
- Management of staff hiring and recruiting
- The development of the division's strategic plan
- Oversight of the quality of execution of projects led by division staff using industry best practices
- Implementation of best practices within the division
- Personnel resource management for projects staffed by the division
- Career development of the future leaders of the organization through mentoring, growth assignments, professional seminars, and other educational opportunities
We work on exciting projects to solve hard problems at the intersection of engineering, design, and high-stakes scenarios such as: big data analytics, decision support tools, multi-person collaborative systems, human-robot interaction, augmented reality, and context aware situation awareness tools in both the commercial and national security arenas. You will apply user-centered research and design to create usable, engaging, modern, and intuitive interfaces for cutting-edge systems sponsored by the US Government and commercial customers as well as Internal R&D projects. Specific projects may require you to design for users in high cognitive workload situations, users attempting to solve complex data problems (including data visualization and overcoming cognitive bias), and safety critical operations. The ideal candidate is an assertive self-starter, engaging colleagues and building ideas in a team-centered environment.
Our group of software engineers is looking for a candidate with digital signal processing (DSP) experience to join us in delivering solutions to challenging problems. The successful individual will plan, architect, implement, and test real-time signal processing applications running on various state-of-the-art processors. Our projects range from established operational deployed systems to short-term research prototype efforts exploring and engineering possibilities. If you enjoy working with a team to tackle difficult problems, devise solutions, and bring those solutions to life, we'd love to speak with you.
Position Summary As a Team Lead for the Special Security Office, this position will supervise a team of security professionals dedicated to a given sponsor, program type or business area. Responsibilities include designing and successfully executing a security program which assures compliance regulatory manuals. This position develops, implements, interprets and applies existing various U.S. Government regulations, ex. Intelligence Community Directives (ICD), DoD Manual 5205.07, DoD Manual 5105.21-M-1, the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM) Overprint, while maintaining active engagement on all the team’s assigned portfolio of programs. In addition, this position will be responsible for planning and monitoring classified information systems and controlled areas, assisting with personnel security processing, conducting periodic self-inspections, overseeing implementation/completion of corrective action plans and investigating and reporting security violations/adverse information reports with the cognizant government security agency.
Create and implement protocol and guidance, as well as policies and procedures for all security disciplines as they pertain to all classified programs. Provide oversight to ensure compliance of security requirements and to maintain compliant security posture.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise team of security professionals who have been tasked with applying and maintaining the compliance of programs with enhanced security requirements. Will be responsible for HR actions, such as performance reviews, act as hiring manager for team growth etc.
- Ensure compliance with all security policies & procedures for program areas as well as the team as a whole.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that assures compliance with government regulatory manuals.
- Develop and manage an active and ongoing security education and training program structured to meet the needs of briefed program personnel.
- Oversee the completion and adherence to the security self-inspection program as well as the actions to correct deficiencies and improve the overall security posture across each program area.
- Develop and implement a program to resolve reported security incidents at every level to ensure incidents are immediately reported, thoroughly investigated and properly resolved to eliminate like incidents in the future.
- Creates and maintains liaison with external and internal customers.
- Manages and plans/approves the construction and/or modification of work areas IAW the government’s physical security specifications.
- Develops, implements and maintains required security databases.
- Supports Business Development by providing security requirements and the estimation of security support for proposals.
- Participates as an active member of special security working groups in the SAP and/or SCI community, and implements “best-practice” solutions.
- Responds to after-hours alarms and emergency conditions.
- Performs courier duties in the local area and in the U.S. as needed
Draper is seeking a highly motivated engineer in navigation, estimation, and sensor fusion. Relevant project experience with sensor systems including electro-optical or infrared cameras, star cameras, radar, GPS, or signals of opportunity navigation is desirable. Hands-on experience in project execution and in designing, developing, and validating real-time algorithms and software is preferred. The engineer in this position will also be expected to provide technical support for multiple projects in navigation, estimation, and sensor fusion.
The selected person will serve as an Information Systems Security Officer in support of the security of classified information systems. Perform weekly technical audits of the information system using common SIEM software (Splunk). Verifies technical compliance with selected security controls. Creates artifacts such as system diagrams, policies, and procedures which demonstrate implementation of selected security controls. Conduct vulnerability scans and works with system administrators to close vulnerabilities. Implement change management, vulnerability management, and configuration management program on assigned information systems.
Our group of software engineers is looking for an additional team member to join us in delivering solutions to challenging problems. We work on exciting, diverse, cutting edge projects that span from self-driving cars and unmanned vehicles to medical applications and fielded systems for battlefield situational awareness. Applicants will work multiple projects, designing, developing and testing code in an Agile environment as part of a team.
Draper Laboratory is seeking talented and motivated individuals to tackle challenging engineering problems in advanced digital IC design. As a Senior Principal Digital ASIC Designer, you will be responsible for designing high-performance digital ASICs in advanced technologies—14nm FinFET, 22FDX, etc. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams with opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to a variety of projects in different application areas. The applicant should have significant experience with ASIC DFT (Design-for-Test) and DFD (Design-for-Debug) spanning the design, implementation and testing of complex ASICs and SoCs. Familiarity with MBIST, LBIST, JTAG, and scan testing both pre- and post-silicon in SoC designs is required. The ideal candidate will have proven experience implementing and deploying these techniques to reduce cost, increase yield and reduce debug time in advanced nodes.
Applicants should possess solid skills in back-end digital systems design with experience in design flows from Cadence or Synopsys. Demonstrated experience with successful tapeouts at advanced nodes is required. Experience leading and managing design teams and training junior staff is also required.
- Leading and training junior staff and small teams
- DFT insertion including scan, LBIST, MBIST and JTAG
- Perform ATPG simulations and testing
- Lead post-silicon test and debug efforts
- Develop methodologies, processes and tools for DFT for deployment on several projects
- Train junior staff in DFT methodologies
Draper is seeking a highly-qualified engineer in navigation, estimation, and sensor fusion. Relevant experience with sensor systems including electro-optical or infrared cameras, star cameras, radar, GPS, or signals of opportunity navigation is desirable. Hands-on experience in project execution and in designing, developing, and validating real-time algorithms and software is preferred. The engineer in this position will also be expected to provide technical support for internal and external research and development proposals, while staying abreast of the state of the art in navigation, estimation, and sensor fusion.
This is a high visibility position within the Draper Laboratory Security Department. The Security Specialist position will perform Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) or Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) duties, interacting with all levels of technical staff, program management and the executive staff.
This position provides program security support in the form of classification guidance, interpreting and applying government sponsor’s policies and procedures and ensuring that a compliant security program is established and maintained. If needed they will establish and assist in administering special security provisions at subcontractor locations. Will demonstrate sound decision making by utilizing a collective knowledge of government policies and procedures and have thorough understanding of OPSEC in their own work. Performs with limited supervision in both a team environment as well as an independent contributor.
Assists with physical security administration to include security database administration, access lists, access requests, closed area and restricted area administration. This position will also assist with the Security Clearance process, which requires Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), DSX and Security Information Management System (SIMS) database maintenance where accuracy and attention to detail is required. Additional daily functions include badging, security briefings execution, and other related items. Assists with highly visible administration to include access control, badging and ensuring security policies.
- Coordinate day-to-day administration of physical security administration to include access requests, badge access updates, access list updates, database maintenance, etc.
- Assists with closed and restricted area administration.
- Ensure compliance related items are completed for the required closed areas, security clearance program.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of Draper’s Personnel Security function for employees, contractors and consultants to include security briefings, badging actions and other related tasks.
- Assist, collect and review personal documents to establish identity and employment verification. Assist with replacement badge requests and provide assistance to all Draper employees/contractors.
- Ensure and coordinate day-to-day accuracy to database systems by ensuring proper tracking and data entry.
- Assist with the new hire and termination processes to include security briefings, badging and data entry. Maintain and assist with the execution and tracking of security briefings.
The GNC System Architecture group at Draper is seeking a Radiation-Hardened Avionics System Architect to work within multi-disciplinary teams to architect and/or evaluate robust next-generation weapon system concepts for the war fighter, including (but not limited to) advanced strategic weapon systems and enabling guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) subsystem technology.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Identification of customer mission needs and development of use cases;
- Radiation-transport analyses and trades of radiation environmental requirements;
- Radiation-hardened avionics system concept/architecture development, including analysis of alternatives;
- Avionics design development, including electronic component evaluation, selection, and environmental testing;
- Modeling of radiation effects and integrated system performance assessment;
- Presentation of analysis results to both internal and external stake-holders;
- Development of systems engineering, design, and analysis documentation.
The individual should be a highly motivated self-starter with willingness to learn and participate in a dynamic team environment while supervising junior and senior engineers. The opportunity to work as part of team developing a state-of-the-art GN&C system will provide exposure to a wide range of advanced technologies, including inertial sensors, precision electronics, and advanced algorithms.
Draper’s Digital Design Team is seeking a motivated and experienced Principal Verification Engineer to tackle novel verification challenges in FPGAs and ASICs. In this role, you will apply modern verification strategies to complex digital and mixed-signal designs in the areas of embedded security, cryptography, signal and image processing, navigation and communications.
You will develop verification approaches, author and execute verification plans, and use formal analysis tools. While leading verification teams, you will define the test-bench architecture and verification approach. You will be responsible for developing methodologies and defining processes used by verification teams. You will also have the opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary teams and learn, grow and contribute to a variety of projects. Join us as we develop the next generation of digital and embedded hardware platforms.